Sunday 4 May 2014

Bank Holiday Weekend Bliss

A very good morning too you.the sun may is shining and the forecast is for a bright and sunny bank holiday weekend. I've not had any craft time the last few days but will be making up for that some time today; after I have done some much needed weeding in the garden. I'm off work for the next two days and will definitely be making time to spend in the craft room...and my online watercolour course starts tomorrow which I  am very very excited about. 
Today's card was for a friend who was having a difficult time with her health a few weeks ago; they are now much better and she is out of hospital.Its the first time I've used these floral stamps or created a decoupage effect and I like the result... they are big stamps so its a larger card than my usual and didn't need much else other than the flowers and some butterflies 

Violets and butterflies
The pearls and candi where purple but look pink in the photos I'm not sure why that happened.The large butterfly on the right was a magazine freebie. I hope you have good bank holiday weekend and get the time to do something nice.Thanks for taking the time to visit me its very much appreciated....Crafty hugs...Andrea X

"close up" butterfly
I used the following products
A4 white card for base 
Purple and white card for layering and butterflies 
Sheena Douglass - floral fantasy stamps set- violets-coloured Copics and Promarkers
various butterfly dies and punch  
from stash
pearls-purple green
sentiment
white heart pearl on sentiment
glossy accents- for flower centres 

Arty angle-decoupage layers

I would like to take part in the following challenges -
Stampotiques Designers Challenge- SDC145-Flowers 

8 comments:

  1. So, so pretty! Love the color and dimension! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘THINGS WITH WINGS’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! Wonderful dimension. So glad you joined in the A Creative Need challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card Andrea, I love your beautiful flowers and fabulous colours. It's so annoying when the colours don't photograph true isn't it, I can never understand why some do and some don't on the same picture!
    Enjoy your couple of work free days and your online class, I've done most of these and they are really great.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Andrea, your flowers really pop out of the page and you've coloured them beautifully. I admire anyone that can colour - I'm still a work in progress. Thanks so much for joining in with the Stampotique challenge, and enjoy whats left of the Bank Holiday. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a stunning card, Andrea! I love that rich, vivid, royal purple for your flowers! Such a creative and colorful design! A one-of-a-kind greeting, for sure! Thanks for participating in the Stampotique Designers' Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so vibrant.
    Amazing! Thank you so much for joining us at SDC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful! thanks for your entry to inky challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card! I love how the purple pops off the white & those butterflies are just gorgeous!!!!!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us @ Inky Impressions & hope to see you back again tomorrow for our Mother's Day challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I read and appreciate every one of them!

Andrea x