Monday 5 August 2013

Special Friends

Good morning, its nice to be cool for a change and not feel like im being baked. I do like sunshine although im not a sun worshipper and prefer cooler weather especially when I'm working. I'm working late today and I'm trying to get a routine of regular posts back so far so good. yesterday we popped into town for some bits and to make an opticians appointment,I've notice that I can't see small print as well as I used to and if on the PC for any length of time I end up in tears(well not quite..my eyes continually water!)which is not ideal when your at work and your mascara runs too...what a site!(when did this happen!)HB suggested I try on his reading glasses; it was like WOW... the difference was astounding and I hadn't even noticed It had deteriorated !

Special Friendship

Whilst out shopping  I couldn't resit some new crafty mags( in the end HB treated me to 3!) I got a fab Molly Bloom kit which I just had to use straight away...I've not finished  the card yet hopefully in a few days I will get it posted.So much for starting my christmas cards this weekend; that will now be later in the week ...to many temptations in my way; although I have made it my mission for this week to use my new Christmas stamps but need to finish the Molly Bloom card first of course 


Close up 

Today card is a sweet card for a special friend; as it's not for anyone particular I've attached a happy birthday sentiment with a peg so that it can be changed if needed. I do love LOTV stamps and could have them all(I say that about most things!) I've used mainly soft greens/aquas and lots of magazine freebies including the little glittered butterflies(not that you can see the glitter...sorry !),die cut flowers and the die cut flower border as the colours where a perfect match.The friends recipe sentiment is also from LOTV which I've made into a removable tag it does have a wiggly line border which wouldn't have worked with the label die shape; so I cleaned the ink off it before I stamped it. I'm happy with the overall result 

Tag removed ( note not perfect stamping !)

I used the following -
6x6 White base card
2 shades blue card stock for layering and die cuts
stripey and floral Design papers( magazine freebies)
Die/punches  used -Adorning squares frame,flourishes, butterfly,heart die,charm die,flower die and small heart punch 
From stash
lace,ribbon, pearl,flower embellishment, gem,brad,peg and bakers twine    

Well that's enough babbling on for one day! and I must get ready for work ... I hope you have fabulous week whatever your planning to do.Thanks for visiting and I will hopefully see you soon ... hugs Andrea X

Challenges I would like to take part in -


21 comments:

  1. Lovely card Andrea, love the image and all the pretty details.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a darling image!!! Gorgeous coloring and embellishments, too! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card and colors. Visited from MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. I spotted your beautiful card on MIM. Faye

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, I love LOTV! Thanks for joining our first challenge at "Just For Fun!"

    Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulously colored image, Andrea! Thanks for playing along at The Crafter's Cafe this week.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a cute card, love it! Thank you for joining us over at MIM. Hugs Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is adorable! Sweet image and I love the tag! Popped over from MIM!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very pretty card full of wonderful details. I found you at Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A really cute card, love the image and colours. Thank you for joining in the Just for Fun challenge, good luck

    ReplyDelete
  11. Andrea this is so pretty, I love your colour choice and beautiful embellies. Popped over from mim. Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card & tag, Andrea! Love the image & gorgeous layout!
    Thank you for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create and good luck!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stopped by from MIM! Love your card! It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oooow i love the image fabulous card thank you for joining in over at Just For Fun JFF DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is adorable Andrea, such a sweet image and lovely soft blues.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful, Andrea! I love the image and the soft blues used here just elevate the design! Thanks for dropping this off by our house at 613 Avenue Create! We look forward to your next visit.
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  17. So adorable Andrea, love this cute image and fabulous colouring,the flowers are beautiful and love thelittle tag and recipe..gorgeous.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute card. Love the butterflies!

    Thank you for joining us at RRR. Hope to see you again soon.

    Jenn
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is absolutely stunning , so much to look at .

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautifully done, thanks for playing along with us at OCS.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the beautiful soft blues in this card. Your coloring is terrific.

    Mary Anne Great Impressions DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I read and appreciate every one of them!

Andrea x