Tuesday 30 April 2013

CAS- Monochrome Card


Morning a quick card today and short post; I finally got the opportunity at last to play with my GC and new die cuts at the weekend . It’s the first time I’ve attempted this style of card and not sure if I like it or not but will enjoy the challenge of trying some more. I tried to keep the design simple and not add too any embellishments which was difficult for me to do but overall I’m quite happy. I love the the intricate dies and didn't want to detract from them .I love the butterfly embossing which was a free folder with a magazine which I had to emboss twice to get the correct size was more difficult than I thought to line it up properly ! which means it has a join hence the ribbon being in a slightly strange position ideally I would have had the centre panel higher also, but the glue had already set once I realised this, Off to get ready for work but hopefully will get some more crafty  time later in the week. Hope you have a great week ahead, thanks for visiting its much appreciated; hugs Andrea X.


Dry and heat embossed CAS card

Close up Sentiment


Products I used
5x7 White base card
Grey and white textured card stock for die cuts embossing and layering
White pearlescent cardstock
Spellbindersradiant rectangles dies
Creative expressions stamp-classic sentiments
Butterfly and flower embossing folder-magazine freebie
Silver grey ribbon

Challenges I would like to take part in-

















16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the black and silver! Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Playtime!

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you've made a beautiful CAS card. That frame die is such a beautiful one and your choice of black has such a great, dramatic effect. Thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog - I'm returning your visit from MIM:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous card Andrea, so very elegant and gorgeous die cut details.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andrea, Lovely card .Love that rectangle die frame for the sentiment .Great card design
    Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Andrea
    Love the card you made with the radiant rectangles.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic project. Thanks for joining in at Eclectic Ellapu this week. Please come back again and join the fun
    Paula Purplies DTL

    ReplyDelete
  7. very elegant...love it

    thanks for taking part at creative corner challenges this week

    Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That card is BEAUTIFUL! TFS with us @ PND!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful. Thanks for joining us this week at Paper Playtime for our "embossing" challenge.
    Anita
    DT PPT
    http://scrappyhappymommy.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is very elegant with the subtle colour scheme and pretty die cuts. The ribbon looks great where it is and actually follows the rule of thirds beautifully. Thanks for joining our Literally Anything Goes challenge at Eclectic Ellapu. I hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning Andrea, what a gorgeous card you have made! Love your design and fab use of dies!

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this week at Love to Create.
    Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

    Hugs Mian
    Love to Create Design Team Member
    http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very elegant card. Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge.
    Zenita (aka Zenita)
    DT member Love to Create Challenge
    http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.comt card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw you on Make It Monday. TFS!
    I'm your newest follower. Follow me!
    kren@
    http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful CAS card!!! Thanks for participating in our Love To Create challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so elegant....I love black and white together.... TFS with us at The Paper Nest Dolls challenge... xo Nikki ox

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very beautiful! TFS with us at The Paper Nest Dolls Challenge
    Loriann DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I read and appreciate every one of them!

Andrea x