Wednesday 6 June 2012

Pretty in Pink

Well yet another wet bank holiday weekend is over, the good news is the house is 'spick and span'. I spent Saturday gardening (it had finally stopped raining, albeit a little shower or two!). The borders are looking good, baskets and pots all filled and set to bloom in the summer (well it sounds good... and I always have high hopes for my little plants), but oh do my legs ache today! I was going to do the ironing but as Tuesday was my last day off before going back to work, I spent  most of the morning blog hopping, watching tutorial (so many skills that I want to learn), and generally pottering around the house.

I always struggle with ideas of what to create on my cards and look to blogs and challenges for inspiration, so I made an easel card. I planned to do a 'lots of layers' card as I spent lots of time in the  morning looking at lots of layers! But then I popped over to the Crafty Ribbon site and this week the challenge is an easel card, so that was it, my next card was in the making... an easel card with lots of layers using my favourite things flowers and butterflies. I have made a few errors but overall as a first attempt I'm pretty pleased. I should have used foam pads to put my stamped image on and not tape, which I realised too late as it had stuck solid (although I did mange to put a few behind the top half of it) the bottom half looks a bit squashed! I also made my fold in the wrong place, it should have been more even, which means it sits at an angle and is too far back. I think it's the most'bits' I've ever used on one card, it was to late to post last night so here I am doing it now as I woke very early as usual.






I used the following materials:
  • A white scalloped card, Pink plain and textured card stock for matting
  • Pink checked, word papers free download
  • Butterfly paper- freebie magazine.
  • Doily-Tea party from Dovecraft
  • Sarah Kay stamp coloured with Promarkers
  • White lace,pink braid,satin ribbon,punched border and pearls from stash.(eBay purchases)
  • White roses,pink roses and rose buds bought at craft fair last week and sadly didn't keep the details as would love more!
  • Rose washi tape -magazine freebie
  • Sentiment and love chipboard's - yes more magazine freebies
  • Punched butterflies (with left over pink card stock)- Tonic (since buying it last week at the craft fair I haven't stopped finding paper and card scraps to punch out more !..I love it.

Also check out my side bar for my new Dilly Beans challenge winner badge... I am so happy with it and another bonus I also get too choose 3 cool digi's... how lucky am I? Thank you very much to Dilly Beans designers.

I would like to enter the following challenges -

Challenge 20-easel Card- crafty ribbons challenge

14 comments:

  1. Wow hun, This is gorgeous, and I wouldn't say it was your first attempt..love all the lace and flowers, I love girly lol!!!
    I have become a follower so I can come back and see what other lovely creations you have made..
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty card Andrea. Love the image and all the gorgeous details.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you are a blog newbie ! Great to see you in Blogland Andrea.Love your easle card .Beautifully embellished and a fabulous image coloured perfectly makes for an inspirational project to share on Make it Monday ..Thank you Andrea.
    Like your style so am following you , looking forwad to more from you .
    hugs Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the lovely comments,I really appreciate them,and thanks for following
      x

      Delete
  4. Freat card! I like the cute image and all the little butterflies. :) Thanks for joining our challenge at Crafty ribbons! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful easelcard! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
    hugs Tessa & Anke

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty. Thanks for joining us at the Ribbon Girl Card Challenge for June, Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so pretty! I love the image and all your gorgeous embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Easel Card.....so pretty!

    Thanks for joining in on the fun at Come and Get It Challenges this week!

    Shell~Alaska♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is very pretty and feminine, thanks for joining us on the card caravan at The Hybrid Chick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice card. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us on the Come and Get It Challenge Blog this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such fun and so pretty! I saw it over on Make It Monday and came to leave you some love .
    Hugs

    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous. Beautiful image and lovely colouring.
    I saw your link at Make It Monday, I'm 170 & 230 this week. I'd love it if you stop by.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Andrea! It's been a real pleasure for me to visit your lovely blog! This card is beautiful! I look forward to seeing what else you create! I am your newest follower!
    Warmest Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I read and appreciate every one of them!

Andrea x